This course serves to unify the previous Humanities courses by employing the disciplines they embody (art, music, literature, philosophy and theology). The course is also intended to give the student an appreciation of the application of theory and methodology to the study of art, music, and literature.
(Prerequisite: Humanities 3)
- Kant,Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics
- Schiller, On the Aesthetic Education of Man
- Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Birth of Tragedy
- Heidegger, Introduction to Metaphysics
- 20th century works on aesthetics, phenomenology, postmodernism, and semiotics