1. Interested Shimer College students must contact a member of the Shimer College Dean’s Office to indicate their interest in and receive approval for taking an IIT course.
2. Shimer College students contact the Undergraduate Office of Admission at IIT regarding IIT courses, admission, registration, and to complete an application for part-time undergraduate admission. Students must submit a Shimer College transcript before application will be considered.
3. The Office of Undergraduate Admission at IIT will determine if the student has prerequisite courses, consulting with academic departments if necessary and admit the student.
4. Students then register for IIT courses. Shimer College students will not be required to pay any special fees or tuition for courses completed at IIT. Tuition will be handled at the institutional level. For assistance with registration for IIT courses, contact Greg Welter at IIT (312-567-3640).
5. Educational Services will forward a list of registered students from Shimer College to the Associate Dean of Shimer College and a transcript will be forwarded from IIT to Shimer College at the end of the term.
Contact Ann Dolinko, Associate Dean
By email, or phone 312.235.3516
Contact Carole Orze, Director of Educational Services
By email, or phone 312.567.3636