Public Transit (CTA) CTA Red Line
- Take Red Line to Sox-35th station
- Exit at South (35th) end of the platform
- Go left (east) on 35th to State St.
- Turn left (north) onto State St.
- Walk less than one block to 3424 South State St.
CTA Green Line
- Take Green Line to 35th-Bronzeville-IIT station
- Exit at the South end of the platform
- Proceed to right out of the station
- Cross State St. going West
- Turn right (north) onto State St.
- Walk less than one block to 3424 S. State St.
Via the Dan Ryan Expressway (I 90/94)
- If coming from North take the Expressway east toward Indiana
- If coming from South take the Expressway west towards Wisconsin
- Get off Expressway at 35th Street Exit and go East on 35th Street
- Turn left on State Street
- In less than one block, you will find a place to turn right into a pay-by-the-hour parking lot which is directly across the street from Shimer College
- After you have parked, cross State St. to 3424 (Shimer is listed on sign out front)
- Once inside the building, the security guard at the entrance can direct you to the Shimer College Office of Admission
Via Lake Shore Drive
- Exit at 31st Street
- Head west until you reach State St.
- Turn left (south) onto State St.
- Make U-turn at 35th street to access the pay-by-the-hour parking lot described above
NOTE: The cost of parking in the pay-by-the-hour parking lot is $2 per hour or $10 per day, and you can pay in cash at an unattended kiosk in the middle of the parking lot.
Public transportation and taxi service is available form O'Hare and Midway airports to IIT's campus. Check out the City of Chicago's Department of Aviation for more information. By Train
Take Amtrak to Union Station. Then public transportation, taxi or IIT shuttle bus from the Downtown Campus at 565 W. Adams St. to the main IIT campus.