Wouldn’t it be nice if you could submit your transfer application, interview and get an admission decision then and there?
Come to Shimer with a complete transfer application any Tuesday from April 1 through July 1, and that is exactly what you will get. You can even talk to a financial aid counselor and get the ball rolling on that as well.
A complete Application for Admission includes:
- A completed application form. (Just click here to get started on that.)
- Two writing samples. (You don’t need to write any special essays just for us. Two papers from classes you have already taken will be just fine.)
- One letter of recommendation (We prefer it to come from one of your college professors, but if you have been out of college for an extended time, a recent employer will do.)
- College transcript(s) (Bring all of them, even if you only took one class. We can’t admit you without all of your college transcripts.)
- and maybe your high school transcript(s) (If you have sixty college credits or more, we don’t need to see a high school transcript.)
Don’t worry about the application fee. We will waive that for everyone who takes advantage of Transfer Tuesday.
It would be nice if you called or emailed in advance to let us know you are coming, but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t.