- Completed Shimer College Application. Start your application by clicking here.
- Official High School Transcripts. Final transcripts or the equivalent (such as a GED) are required as proof of graduation.
- Letter of Recommendation. Get one from a teacher who can assess your academic progress and level of readiness for college-level work. These can be mailed or emailed directly from the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essays or Writing Samples. Please send us two (2) samples. They can be written expressly for the application (there are prompts on the form), or they can be essays you wrote previously in another context. The samples can be uploaded via the online application or they can be mailed or emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Optional: College Entrance Examinations (ACT or SAT). Shimer College does not require college entrance examinations for admission of first-year students. However, if they are available, please post them on your high school transcript or have the testing agency to forward the results to Shimer.
Optional: Job History. Maybe you’ve worked outside of school; maybe you’re coming from the full-time workforce to Shimer. If so, we would be interested to know about your work.
Application fee of $25 payable to Shimer College.
Admission Interviews. We want to talk to you! Interviews are usually conducted in person as soon as the college has received your completed application. However, if you are visiting the campus before then, we will be happy to meet with you at that time. If you are unavailable for a personal interview, arrangements can be made for a telephone interview.