Here is a special problem for the end of the semester. It requires you to use data from our new website.
- Subtract the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance at Shimer.
- Divide the result by the number of credits needed to graduate.
- Truncate your result to the nearest integer.
- Multiply that result by the average class size.
- Find the student-to-faculty ratio. Subtract the student number from your previous result. Add the faculty number to that result.
After doing all this, you will have a number that has historical significance for Shimer. What is it, and what is its significance?
Submissions due by the beginning of Writing Week (December 2, 2013).
Send to Professor Bev Thurber (firstname.lastname@example.org).