Financial Aid Information
- Types of Aid
- Procedure for Applying
- How to Process your Financial Aid
- Shimer Scholarship Programs
- Net Price Calculator
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Financial Aid Code of Conduct
Family Education and Privacy Act - FERPA
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Must be submitted by all those applying for financial aid and scholarships. Note: Shimer College code is 001756.
- StudentLoans.gov - Complete your Entrance Counseling, sign your Master Promissory Note, view your loan documents, and apply for a Parent PLUS loan.
- Sonisweb Instructions - Guide to our online student information system for newly admitted students.
How Financial Aid is Determined
Students who need financial aid are expected to apply for and accept all Federal and State government grants, loans, and employment scholarships for which they are eligible.
The Financial Aid Office will review the FAFSA of each student and inform the student of any additional awards for which they are eligible. The award may be accepted by the student or appealed to the Financial Aid Appeals subcommittee. The committee will consider such items as the student’s financial need, special circumstances, academic record, timeliness of application, full use of Federal and State awards, and funds available in making a decision to increase the amount of Shimer College aid.
Student Loan Information
- University Accounting Services - Houses all Perkins, Institutional and Calvin Loans.
- Direct Consolidation Loans - Information about Federal Direct consolidation loans.
- National Student Loan Data System - Lists all vendors for student loans.
Please feel free to contact us if you need help, explanations, forms, or any information about financial aid and Shimer College. You may contact the Office of Admission or the Financial Aid Director, Janet Henthorn. We look forward to talking to you.